Sunday, April 12, 2015

DIGITAL BLOG POST #K

Chapter 6 was a very interesting and informative chapter

The first thing I would like to talk about is WebQuests. WebQuests are online inquires by students that are designed and guided by teachers. In a WebQuest, students follow an electronic map or take an online tour, moving from one web resource to the next to gather information. I chose to talk about webquests because I have had to do one for this class. I find WebQuests to be very interesting and a little fun to make.

The second topic I would like to discuss is online learning and virtual schools. Online learning refers to the delivery of educational experiences through computers and other technologies. Virtual schools are educational organizations that teach students mainly through online learning. In many virtual school programs the students never actually enters a real school and does all work and tests on the computer. This online schooling is a debate amongst people, due to things such as it being a very isolated experience. I personally taken a few online courses. I feel as though for elementary through high school, online schooling is not the best. Students should be leaning face to face and they should also be around other students. The first online class I took was in high school and it was a Spanish class, It was very hard to learn a language online. I ended up failing the class and having to retake it in an actual class where I got an A as my final grade. But for the college levels I believe that online learning is great.  I have take both online and in-class courses in college and I have excelled in both. The online learning is not always just doing everything on a computer. In my other classes geared toward teaching I have been required to go and observe at schools and for other classes I have had to go and take tests at a school. It’s a little different than when I took a online class in high school.

Made by: Ashlynn Barnes on Bitstrips.com


The last thing I would like to touch on is taking virtual field trips. The book says that virtual field trips take students to places all over the world without even having to leave the classroom. Virtual field trips are a flexible teaching approach. I think that virtual field trips are cool. This really just shows how far technology has come. Years ago you could only go on a field trip in person. This is a cheaper and easier way to be able to see things.



Work Cited

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc. lead to bad things.

" What is a Virtual Field Trip?." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 11 april. 2015.



1 comment:

  1. Virtual field trips are definitely a great enhancement for instruction, especially when you can't do the 'real thing'! :) What is also nice is that they can be done whole group or individually and there's that option to go back again and again for review, etc. Cute cartoon to demonstrate your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete